The Fantasy Authority Fantasy Football Podcast Ep. 66, October 20, 2016.
Six weeks of football are in the books, and we’re starting to separate the contenders from the pretenders. As always though, some early contenders are falling flat and early pretenders are rising up. This week, we talk breaking trends and avoiding falling into the “must-start” or “must-sit” trap.
Also, taking a look back at draft strategies, which ones are working the best thus far? Plus, the biggest stories heading into week 7, streaming options for the week and the best of the rest, post waivers additions to target, on this week 7 edition of The Fantasy Authority Fantasy Football Podcast.
Also in this episode…
- Are Aaron Rodgers “struggles” concern for fantasy owners?
- Knile Davis becomes fantasy relevant with the trade to Green Bay.
- Ben Roethlisberger torn meniscus, what does this mean for Antonio Brown and company?
- Carson Palmer isn’t getting it done. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?
- Cameron Meredith is legit, why you should go get him if he’s available.
- Devontae Booker up for more playing time? Worst case scenario for CJ Anderson owners.
- Jay Ajayi explodes, but is the stable too full for him to be dependable?
- Brian Hoyer and Jameis Winston top our QB streaming options this week.
- Hunter Henry is a must grab if available, otherwise look at Cameron Brate this week.
- Baltimore gets a great match-up vs. the Geno Smith led Jets, they’re the best streaming option by far this week.
- Could the Raiders be a surprise D/ST play? Kevin thinks so.
- Rishard Matthews has scored in each of his last two games, with Mariota getting hot, Jen thinks he’s the guy to grab post-waivers.
- Kevin loves Chargers backup RB Kenneth Farrow as a deep league stash just in case Gordon goes down.
- Anthony thinks Ty Montgomery is going to continue his monster production from week 6, especially with Adams out.
- Breaking Trends: removing bias from your weekly lineup decisions.
- Zero WR or Zero RB? Which strategy has worked the best so far.
Need more advice breaking trends in your lineup?
Reach out to us on Twitter (@FF_Authority) for personalized help and remember to stick with us all year long for the very best in fantasy football information and advice. Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher and never miss another episode again.
Need personalized tips for setting your lineup? Join us on The Fantasy Authority GAMEDAY Podcast each Sunday at 11:30AM EST leading right up ’til kickoff. As always, feel free to follow along with this episode by checking out our show notes, found on thefantasyauthority.com/tfa-podcast.