The Fantasy Authority Fantasy Football Podcast Ep. 99, August 31, 2017.
Kevin Steele (@fantasywrath13), Ryan Williams (@RyanAlexander_W) and Anthony Pinzone (@the1andonlypz) welcome guest Adam Cahill (@theotherFFguy of Gridiron Experts, RotoUnderworld and Clock Dodgers, to talk attacking late round value. Plus, breaking down an injury riddled Preseason Week 3 and our Madden 18 giveaway!
New & Noteworthy
- Julian Edelman suffered a torn ACL and will miss the entire season. Does Brandin Cooks, Chris Hogan, Malcolm Mitchell or Danny Amendola benefit most?
- Spencer Ware out for the season with a torn PCL and LCL. Wheels up for Kareem Hunt, but would you rather have Charcandrick West or CJ Spiller late?
- Cameron Meredith out for the season with a torn ACL. Who intrigues you most out of Kevin White, Kendall Wright, Deonte Thompson, Markus Wheaton and Victor Cruz?
- The Pittsburgh Steelers acquired TE Vance McDonald from the San Francisco 49ers. Where should fantasy gamers value him now?
Using Fantasy Football Predict-Ability to Attack Late Round Value
In this interview with Adam Cahill about his hit article, Fantasy Football Predict-Ability: Pairing Consistency with Upside found on GridironExperts.com, Adam explains the Coefficient of Variation and how it can be used to dominate your league.
- Where did the idea to do an article like this come from?
- Can you break down the Coefficient of Variation into terms the average “Joes” like us can understand?
- How should fantasy football players use this data when approaching their drafts?
- Are there any players that come to mind whose data really surprised you in either a good way or bad way?
- Many people want to say “wait on QB” for a lot of the guys that fall into the realm of Consistent/Lacking upside. What’s your thought on QB position and do you target some of the high end QBs in drafts?
- Aaron Rodgers possesses the rare combination of being extremely consistent and having huge upside. If you’re in a league with savvy drafters where Rodgers starts to fall a bit, when would you consider taking him?
Running Back Consistency
- Mark Ingram and Theo Riddick fell into the Elite-tier for running backs, but both are in expected timeshare positions. How much of an effect do you see it having on them? Are they still worth taking at their current ADP’s?
- Despite all the negativity surrounding Carlos Hyde this off-season, are you higher on him than most, seeing as how he fell into the running back elite tier?
Wide Receiver Consistency
- T.Y. Hilton had some of the best numbers of the elite tier wide receivers over his last 15 games. Is he someone worth targeting even without Andrew Luck healthy?
- Surprised to see Mike Wallace and DeSean Jackson listed with the most consistent wide receivers. Is there more to them than meets the eye?
- DeAndre Hopkins and Larry Fitzgerald are both ball hogs on their team, is it silly to be bullish on them for 2017 and think they can finish in the wide receiver one range?
- People have been touting Devante Parker and Corey Coleman recently, but both fall within the lacking consistency / upside category. Will this change now with each player having a new quarterback?
Listener Questions: Attacking Late Round Value
- Jay (@Atip4) – I’m hurting at RB with Jay Ajayi, Kareem Hunt, Darren McFadden and Jamaal Charles. Who should I grab off of waivers between Thomas Rawls and James White? What are some other late round / waiver targets I should consider?
- @Westernsubs – My draft is on September 5th and I have pick 3 in a 12 team league. I’m likely going to draft Antonio Brown with my first pick. In the second round, should I go Amari Cooper, Doug Baldwin or Brandin Cooks? Isaiah Crowell, Kareem Hunt or Dalvin Cook in the 3rd?
- Dylan Clifton (@dyclif) – What kind of season do you expect from Todd Gurley in a half point PPR league? What is an ideal draft range for him if he falls?
- firstname.lastname@example.org – First off, I absolutely love the show! Kevin Steele provides such fire takes. I have won my league ever since I started following his advice. This is to Ryan – you really need to stop trying to go against the grain. Once you start listening to Kevin and his takes you will become a better fantasy “expert”. With that being said, who are your favorite late-round targets?
Madden 18 Giveaway – Congrats Vic nu theta damnit !
Congratulations to Vic nu theta damnit ! who says:
I just dominated my home league. This will go down as a glorious fantasy year for me. If you are reading this then you already are a step ahead of the competition listen to the podcast on 8/17 and you will understand my joy!!!
We’re Helping the AFSP #StopSuicide
We are proud to announce that we have partnered up with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention! With your support we can help reduce the suicide rate in the US and raise awareness for mental illness.
There are several ways to help. You can buy a sweet new TFA T-Shirt where 75% of the profits are donated to the AFSP. Donate directly via our campaign link. Or reach out to your local AFSP Chapter and participate in an Out of the Darkness Walk!
For more details, visit our charity link:
Get to Know Our Crew!
Catch The Fantasy Authority All Over the Web