The Fantasy Authority Fantasy Football Podcast Episode 37, April 5, 2016.
This week we welcome former college and NFL scout, long-time NFL Analyst for ESPN and host of The Dynasty Blueprint podcast, Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL)! The NFL Draft is creeping up on us in a hurry as we continue our pre-draft series with a look at this years crop of rookie runningbacks.
In this episode we discuss…
- Matt gives us a little background on himself and his new podcast, The Dynasty Blueprint.
- Ezekiel Elliot is the top back by far, but will he have an immediate impact in the league?
- There’s seemingly no clear cut number 2 RB this year, but Kenneth Dixon shows great promise.
- Derrick Henry is praised by many, but his game really scares Matt.
- Making a case for Jordan Howard as a starter this season.
- Why Jonathan Williams is being overlooked, and why teammate Alex Collins is getting all the love.
- The best and worst situations for incoming rookie runningbacks.
- Peyton Barber, who he is, and why Matt really likes him as a late round steal.
- Concern over incoming backs with small hands.
Top 12 Rookie Runningbacks*
*Subject to change… often.
- Ezekiel Elliot, Ohio St.
- Derrick Henry, Alabama
- Devontae Booker, Utah
- Kenneth Dixon, Louisiana Tech
- Jordan Howard, Indiana
- Paul Perkins, UCLA
- CJ Prosise, Notre Dame
- Alex Collins, Arkansas
- Johnathan Williams, Arkansas
- Tyler Ervin, San Jose State
- Keith Marshall, Georgia
- Kelvin Taylor, Florida
Have questions about this years rookie runningbacks?
Reach out to us using our contact form OR hit us up on Twitter (@FF_Authority) and remember to stick with us all year long for the very best in fantasy football information and advice. Did you know we record our podcast live? Listen in every Tuesday night (9:00pm EST) on Rabble.tv. Can’t make it? No worries, subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher and never miss another episode again.