The Fantasy Authority Fantasy Football Podcast Ep. 112, November 2, 2017.
Holy trades batman! The NFL trade deadline saw 3 major trades go down which are sure to rock the fantasy world. We have all the latest on Jimmy Garoppollo, Jay Ajayi and Kelvin Benjamin, as well as a little insight on who benefits the most from the moves. With that in mind, you’ll notice a “trend” in our week 9 fantasy football trends. See what I did there?
Ryan Williams (@RyanAlexander_W), Kent Weyrauch (@CCNP_Kent), and Anthony Pinzone (@the1andonlypz) are back in this latest episode, covering trades, targets, touches and trends heading into week 9 of the 2017 NFL season.
Breaking News: Trades + Josh Gordon
- Josh Gordon reinstated, can begin practicing November 20th.
- Patriots trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo to the San Francisco 49ers.
- Dolphins trade RB Jay Ajayi to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Panthers trade WR Kelvin Benjamin to the Buffalo Bills.
- Texans trade LT Duane Brown to the Seattle Seahawks.
Week 9 Fantasy Football Trends
Kenyan Drake, Damien Williams – Running Back – Miami Dolphins
- Jay Ajayi was averaging nearly 22 touches per game, which are now available to the next man up.
- Coach Adam Gase has often called Kenyan Drake the “backup” RB and Damien Williams the “change of pace” back.
- On 33 rush attempts last season, managed 179 yards (11.2 ypc) and 2 td’s.
Robby Anderson – Wide Receiver – New York Jets
- Less than 5 targets in a game once all season
- 4 rec, 76 yards / 3 rec, 35 yards, 1 TD / 6 rec, 104 yards, 1 TD over last 3 games
- Next Four Games: Buffalo Bills, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs
Alex Collins – Running Back – Baltimore Ravens
- 10+ attempts in four games straight (55 total, 1 more than Buck Allen)
- Most effective Ravens runner by far, 6 ypc avg
- Next Four Games: Tennessee Titans, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Detroit Lions
Devin Funchess – Wide Receiver – Carolina Panthers
- 58 targets on the season. Since Week 2, never less than 6 targets.
- 5 out of last 6 weeks, received 8+ targets.
- Kelvin Benjamin leaving behind 6.4 targets per game.
- Next Five Games: Atlanta Falcons, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 3rd easiest pass defense schedule.
Carlos Hyde – Running Back – San Francisco 49ers
- Rush attempts last 3 games: 12, 14, 13
- Only 16+ rush attempt game was Week 3 with 25 rushes.
- 3 out of the last 4 weeks with 28 or less rushing yards (45+ weeks 1-4)
- Target increase since Beathard started.
- 9, 8, 6 targets last three weeks. 20+ receiving yards each game.
- Averaging 29.7 yds/g rec last 3 weeks, vs. 22 yds/g weeks 1-4
- Breida only averaging 6 touches per game since big week 5 v Indy.
We’re Helping the AFSP #StopSuicide
We are proud to announce that we have partnered up with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention! With your support, we can help reduce the suicide rate in the US and raise awareness of mental illness.
There are several ways to help. You can buy a sweet new TFA T-Shirt where 75% of the profits are donated to the AFSP. Donate directly via our campaign link. Or reach out to your local AFSP Chapter and participate in an Out of the Darkness Walk!
For more details, visit our charity link:
Get to Know Our Crew!
Catch The Fantasy Authority All Over the Web