NFL Week 12 Injury Report – Early Games:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Atlanta Falcons
- Jameis Winston (O) continues to miss time as he rehabs his AC joint sprain to his throwing shoulder. Winston was ruled out on Monday and has yet to resume throwing. These two factors indicate that Winston is still likely multiple weeks away from returning to the lineup. In the meantime, Ryan Fitzpatrick will continue to be under center.
- Devonta Freeman (O) will miss Week 12 as he continues to make his return from a concussion suffered in Week 10. After not practicing at all last week, he returned to limited practices late this week, but never progressed far enough in the protocol in order to be able to pass the required tests. Because of the fact that he started to ramp up his activity this week, I would expect Freeman to be back for Week 13.
Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- Isaiah Crowell has been listed on the injury report the last few weeks with a minor shoulder injury. However, he didn’t re-aggravate the shoulder after playing the past two weeks, so he should be fine for Sunday, especially since he got in a full practice on Friday.
Bengals – No fantasy relevant players listed in the Week 12 Injury Report
Tennessee Titans vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Rishard Matthews (Q) was added to the injury report late in the week, which is always a red flag, especially with a hamstring injury. Given that he didn’t practice at all on Friday, he appears to be unlikely to suit up in Week 12. This should provide a nice breakout opportunity for Corey Davis to take over as the WR1 in the Tennessee offense.
- Jacoby Brissett will start on Sunday against the Titans after being taken off the team’s final injury report with a concussion. He has passed the protocol and is cleared to play.
Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- Kelvin Benjamin (Q) is unlikely to play in Week 12 after not practicing all week. It’s unclear what the exact injury is that Benjamin is dealing with as the Bills have been very quiet thus far, so it’s difficult to comment on a specific injury. This should be treated as a week-t0-week injury. Expect him to be on this list again next week.
- Jordan Matthews (Q) sat out in Week 11 with a knee injury but returned to practice this week on a limited basis. It’s a good sign after sitting last week. It’s unclear what the injury is exactly, but Matthews does have a history of tendinitis in his knee, so it could be a re-aggravation of this injury. He should be considered a game-time decision.
- Charles Clay (Q) got in limited practices all week, as he normally does throughout the year. He hasn’t suffered any reported setbacks since his return from an MCL sprain and a torn meniscus, so the Bills are likely managing his reps in practice. Clay will play on Sunday.
Chiefs – No fantasy relevant players on the Week 12 Injury Report
Miami Dolphins vs. New England Patriots
- Jay Cutler (O) won’t play in Week 12 after suffering a concussion last week. He wasn’t able to progress through the protocol in time for Sunday’s game. Matt Moore will start.
- Chris Hogan (O) continues to miss time due to his AC joint injury from a few weeks ago. He’s still not practicing, so don’t be surprised if he sits again next week.
- Tom Brady was listed on the injury report this week with an Achilles injury, but he was removed from the final report after getting in a full practice on Friday. He’ll be fine for Sunday, but this is something to monitor moving forward. Achilles injuries can linger for multiple weeks.
Carolina Panthers vs. New York Jets
- Greg Olsen has been activated from IR and will play Sunday against the Jets. Olsen has been out since Week 2 with a Jones fracture in his foot. All reports out of Carolina have been positive, as Olsen has been able to practice in full for the past two weeks without any setbacks, which bodes well for his return. If I own Olsen, I’m starting him this week.
- Matt Forte (Q) didn’t practice on Wednesday or Thursday due to knee swelling and soreness that kept him out of last week’s game. However, he got in a limited practice on Friday, so he has a chance to suit up. If he sits, Bilal Powell and Eli McGuire should split reps.
Chicago Bears vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Bears – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 12 Injury Report
Eagles – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 12 Injury Report
NFL Week 12 Injury Report – Late Games:
Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers
- Jimmy Graham (Q) missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday but got in a full practice on Friday, so he should play on Sunday. The Seahawks have been limiting Graham’s reps over the last few weeks, so there’s no concern here. Graham is a must-start.
- Mike Davis (D) is unlikely to play after exiting Week 11 early with a groin injury. He was activated from the practice squad and was getting a lot of run with the first team offense prior to exiting with an injury. Desperate for a run game, the Seahawks will lean on some combination of Eddie Lacy, JD McKissic, and possibly, Thomas Rawls, who was inactive last week.
Niners – No fantasy relevant players listed in the Week 12 Injury Report
New Orleans Saints vs. Los Angeles Rams
Saints – No fantasy relevant players listed in the Week 12 Injury Report
- Robert Woods (O) will miss multiple weeks after injuring his shoulder last week. He didn’t practice at all this week, which wasn’t a surprise. This just indicates that he will most likely be out next week as well. Expect Woods to resume practicing in 2-3 weeks.
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Arizona Cardinals
- Leonard Fournette continues to be limited in practice by his lingering ankle issues. He was removed from the team’s final injury report, so he will play Sunday, but owners need to be prepared to see Fournette’s name on the injury report for multiple weeks in a row, if not for the rest of the season. There was real concern Fournette was going to miss last week’s game against the Browns, but he showed no signs of being limited, rushing for 111 yards on 28 carries.
- Allen Hurns (O) will miss his second straight game with an ankle injury. He hasn’t practiced since suffering the injury in Week 10, so it’s possible he misses another game in Week 13.
- John Brown (O) will miss Week 12 as he deals with turf toe, which is a sprain of your big toe. While this sounds minor, this injury can be extremely difficult to play through due to the fact that each step when you push off stresses this sprain. Brown is likely to miss multiple weeks.
Denver Broncos vs. Oakland Raiders
- Emmanuel Sanders (Q) continues to be listed on the injury report with his ankle sprain from about a month and a half ago. He’s played the last three games, so he’s in no danger of missing Week 12.
Raiders – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 12 Injury Report
Green Bay Packers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ty Montgomery (D) didn’t practice at all this week and is unlikely to play after re-aggravating his rib injury a couple of weeks ago. Jamaal Williams will dominate touches with both Montgomery and Jones out.
- Aaron Jones (O) will miss Week 12 with a sprained MCL and will likely be out at least another 2-3 weeks.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (O) won’t play in SNF as he was ruled out by Mike Tomlin with a hamstring injury. We all know how troublesome these injuries can be, so don’t be surprised to see JuJu in this article next week, as he will almost definitely be limited in practice next week. He should be considered week-to-week.
Houston Texans vs. Baltimore Ravens
- Deandre Hopkins has been limited in practice this week with an ankle injury, but it’s not believed to be serious. The Texans will release their final report on Saturday afternoon, and I expect Hopkins to be a full participant. Owners will want to confirm prior to MNF.
Ravens – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 12 Injury Report