NFL Week 13 Injury Report – Early Games:
Minnesota Vikings vs. Atlanta Falcons
Vikings – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 13 Injury Report
- Devonta Freeman was removed from the team’s injury report in the middle of the week after clearing the concussion protocol. He’s missed the last two games but should slide back into his starting role alongside Tevin Coleman.
- Julio Jones continues to be limited in practice during the week with lingering ankle soreness, though he’s in no danger of missing time at this point. He was removed from the team’s final injury report and will play Sunday.
Detroit Lions vs. Baltimore Ravens
- Ameer Abdullah (Q) missed practice early in the week with a neck injury but returned to a limited practice on Friday, so he’s got a chance to play. The Lions haven’t released many details regarding their RB’s injury, so it’s difficult to comment on any limitations. There is a wide range of injuries that can occur in the neck, but the fact that he’s got a chance to play indicates this isn’t too serious.
- Matthew Stafford got banged up on Thanksgiving with a sprained ankle but is all set to play in Week 13 after getting in full practices this week. He was certainly limited after re-entering the game on Turkey day, but with 10 days to recover, he should be good to go. Expect to see Stafford play with an ankle brace and/or tape on his right ankle.
- Alex Collins (Q) missed practice on Wednesday with a calf injury but was upgraded to a full participant on Thursday and Friday. He should play on Sunday, but owners will want to be sure once inactives are released Sunday morning.
New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills
- Tom Brady was removed from the team’s final injury report, so he will start on Sunday. His practice reps were limited this week due to the soreness he’s feeling in his Achilles. Expect this trend to continue moving forward.
- Chris Hogan (O) has yet to return to practice and will miss his fourth game in a row with a shoulder injury. As of now, there’s been no timetable for his return.
- LeSean McCoy popped up on the injury report on Thursday with a knee injury and was held out of practice on Friday. However, the team didn’t list him on the final injury report, so he still appears to be on track to play on Sunday. It’s unclear what exactly McCoy is dealing with, but if he’s active, you play him.
- Kelvin Benjamin (O) won’t play in Week 13 as he continues to rehab a torn meniscus from a few weeks ago. The Bills have indicated he has a chance to play in Week 14, but his practice status and activity during the week will tell the story.
- Charles Clay (Q) was limited in practice all week, which is nothing new for the veteran TE. The Bills will continue to manage Clay’s reps in order to keep him active on Sundays. He will play in Week 13.
San Francisco 49ers vs. Chicago Bears
49ers – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 13 Injury Report
Bears – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 13 Injury Report
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers
- Jameis Winston (Q) is set to make his return from the field after missing the last month with an AC joint sprain and a bruised deltoid. The Bucs were vocal all along stating that they would not rush their franchise QB back early from this injury, so I’m confident in his health moving forward. Despite the questionable tag, Winston practiced in full all week.
- Doug Martin (O) won’t play in Week 13 after suffering a concussion in Week 12. Jacquizz Rodgers is expected to get the start in his place.
- DeSean Jackson (Q) was held out of practice on Wednesday but got in limited sessions on Thursday and Friday with a foot injury. He is expected to be active on Sunday.
- Cameron Brate (Q) popped up on the injury report on Thursday with a hip injury. As a result, he’s listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Packers. He is expected to play, and with Jameis Winston back on the field, Brate is an interesting name to watch at the TE position.
- Ty Montgomery (IR) saw his 2017 season come to an early end on Friday after the Packers placed him on injured reserve with wrist and rib injuries. He struggled to make it back on the field after breaking his ribs early in the season. With the emergence of Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams, Montgomery’s role with the Packers is unclear in 2018.
- Aaron Jones (Q) has a chance to make his return after suffering a sprained MCL 3 weeks ago. His original timeline was 3-6 weeks, so this is right in line with what was expected all along. The fact that he got in some limited practices this week indicates that he will be back by next week at the latest. The fact that Ty Montgomery was placed on IR indicates that Jones is likely to suit up in Week 13, but don’t expect a full workload coming off a knee injury.
Indianapolis Colts vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Donte Moncrief (Q) was added to the injury report on Thursday with a groin injury, but he got in a full practice on Friday, so he should play in a tough matchup against the Jags’ D.
- Allen Hurns (O) hasn’t practiced since injuring his ankle in Week 10, so it’s no surprise to see him ruled out yet again. His status should be updated next week.
Denver Broncos vs. Miami Dolphins
Broncos – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 13 Injury Report
Dolphins – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 13 Injury Report
Kansas City Chiefs vs. New York Jets
Chiefs – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 13 Injury Report
- Matt Forte (Q) should be fine for Sunday’s game against the Chiefs. He played last week without a setback, so he will play in Week 13. The Jets will continue to manage the veteran’s reps in practice in an effort to reduce repetitive stress to his knee.
Houston Texans vs. Tennessee Titans
- Lamar Miller sat out on Wednesday with knee soreness but returned for limited practices later in the week before being removed from the team’s final injury report. He exited briefly in Week 12 after taking a hit on the sideline where he crashed into a cameraman, but he returned to finish the game, so there was never any concern about a major injury.
- Will Fuller (O) will miss another game with fractured ribs. He hasn’t practiced since his injury, so he could miss Week 14 as well.
- Rishard Matthews (Q) will be a game-time decision for Sunday’s matchup with the Texans. He sat in Week 12 with a hamstring injury but has a chance to return this week after getting in a limited practice on Friday. He will likely test out the hammy in warm-ups to see if he can go. He’s a name to watch when the inactives are reported an hour and a half before kickoff.
NFL Week 13 Injury Report – Late Games:
Cleveland Browns vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Isaiah Crowell continues to be listed on the injury report with a shoulder injury, but he hasn’t missed any time. He got in a full practice on Friday after being taken off the team’s final injury report, so he will play again on Sunday in a plus matchup against the Chargers.
Chargers – No fantasy relevant players listed on the Week 13 Injury Report
Carolina Panthers vs. New Orleans Saints
- Greg Olsen (Q) is expected to be a game-time decision as he continues to deal with soreness in his foot. He returned last week from IR after having surgery to stabilize a Jones fracture in his foot in Week 2 and left the game early due to soreness. It’s not uncommon for players to experience soreness and pain after attempting to return from this type of injury. Even if Olsen plays, he is a risky fantasy start given that he could be pulled early again and because of the fact that the Panthers are likely to continue to limit his snaps.
- Christian McCaffrey (Q) was limited in practice on Thursday and Friday but is expected to play on Sunday. He took a big hit to his shoulder in Week 12, but there have been no reports of structural damage. The Panthers were likely just managing his reps in practice in order to have him available on Sunday.
- Coby Fleener (O) will miss Week 13 with a concussion. For deeper leagues, Josh Hill could be a sneaky start in what is expected to be a high scoring contest.
Los Angeles Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals
- Robert Woods (O) will miss his second game in a row with a shoulder injury. He didn’t practice all week, so this is no surprise as Woods was expected to miss multiple weeks. His status will be updated next week.
- John Brown (O) will miss this week’s game against the Rams with turf toe. He didn’t practice this week, so he will indeed be on this list again in Week 14.
- Adrian Peterson (Q) didn’t practice at all this week with a neck injury. It’s unclear what exactly Peterson is dealing with, but the fact that he didn’t practice at all make his Week 13 availability very murky. If AP sits, D.J. Foster is a name to remember for those in desperation at the RB position.
New York Giants vs. Oakland Raiders
- Sterling Shepard is set to return in Week 13 after being out of the lineups while dealing with migraine headaches. He practiced in full all week and is not listed on the team’s final injury report.
- Amari Cooper (O) is currently dealing with a concussion and a sprained ankle. His status for Week 13 never looked promising, and the Raiders held him out of practice all week. Worth noting, his ability to clear concussion protocol is much more difficult given the ankle injury. Players are gradually introduced to more cardiovascular exercise (i.e. running and biking) in order to see how their concussion responds, so attempting to do this with a sprained ankle will make this more difficult. With fellow WR, Michael Crabtree, also slated to sit due to suspension, the Raiders will rely on Jared Cook, Seth Roberts, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Johnny Hill to catch passes from Derek Carr.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Alshon Jeffery was limited to start the week with a foot injury but got in full practices on Thursday and Friday prior to being removed from the team’s final report. He will play in prime time on Sunday night against the Seahawks’ depleted secondary.
- Jimmy Graham (Q) continues to be on the injury report as more of a formality than anything. Yes, he’s missing time in practice early in the week because of his ankle, but the Seahawks are just managing his reps. He’s been on fire as late and is locked in as a TE1.
- Mike Davis missed last week with a groin injury but is on track to play in Week 13 after practicing in full on Thursday and Friday. He looked explosive in Week 11 and appeared to emerge as the team’s early-down back, but against the NFL’s best rushing defense, he’s a desperation play at best.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- JuJu Smith-Schuster is set to make his return after missing last week with a hamstring strain. He practiced in full on Thursday and Friday, so barring a setback in Saturday’s practice, he will play.
- Antonio Brown was added to the injury report on Friday with a toe injury, causing him to miss practice. Reports out of Pittsburgh aren’t serious, so Brown should be fine for Monday night, but owners will need to be sure after the Steelers release their final injury report Saturday afternoon. (Saturday update: He missed a second day of practice)
- A.J. Green was limited in practice on Friday because of illness, but he’s expected to play Monday night. Owners will need to confirm in order to be sure.
So that was NFL Week 13 Injury Report, thanks for reading! Keep The Fantasy Authority on your favorites bar, as we have tons of awesome weekly content this season! I’ll be back next week with more injuries updates for you to utilize in your start/sit decisions.