The DFS DegeNation Podcast Ep. 12, August 23rd, 2017.
Our twelveth edition of our DFS Preseason mini-series with Jonah Javad from WGRZ in Buffalo (@WGRZ) follow him on Twitter (@JonahJavad)! Jonah covers the Buffalo Bills for NBC Affiliate WGRZ and we talked plays you will need to win in DFS if you’re playing the Week 3 Preseason slate with Kevin Steele (@FantasyWrath13), Eliot Crist (@EliotCrist) and Ryan Williams (@RyanAlexander_W). Jonah went in-depth on what to expect from the Buffalo Bills Preseason DFS and an overall outlook in 2017. Below are the show notes:
Bills big talk of Preseason with LA trade sending away Sammy Watkins to LA for EJ Gaines and a ‘18 2nd rounder. Then getting Jordan Matthews from Philly with a 3rd Rd in 18 for Ronald Darby. What the heck is going in Buffalo!? Could more pieces like LeSean McCoy or Tyrod be traded too?
- What are your thoughts on the Buffalo Bills for 2017? Are they in full on rebuild mode at this state?
- Tyrod’s weapons are Lesean McCoy, injury-riddled Jordan Matthews, rookie Zay Jones and an aging Charles Clay. But he is reunited with Rick Dennison (OC) who was his QB coach in Baltimore. How should ppl approach Tyrod in drafts?
- Can a near-30 LeSean McCoy carry this team on his back and with his feet?
- With Sammy Watkins traded and Anquan retiring is there anyone worth owning of this WR corps? Can Zay Jones be a thing in year 1? What are the hopes from BUF for Jordan Matthews? Who plays the outside Z?
- Charles Clay didn’t play in the first preseason game and then saw four early targets from Tyrod in game 2? Do these two have a real rapport? Clay saw the 12th most targets at the TE position and is going as the TE28 in fantasy? Too low?
- The Bills D might be in trouble if the offense can’t sustain drives this year. The front four seems solid in preseason but the linebackers and secondary are struggling. What have you heard from the team in regards to the defense expectations in 2017
Let’s get into Bills Preseason/Training Camp –
- What do you expect from the QB position heading into Preseason game #3? Do we get a healthy dose of Tyrod in what could be considered a “revenge game” back in his old Baltimore stomping grounds? How about Peterman/Yates?
- The Bills have given 11 carries to Jonathan Williams over two games and he’s averaging six yards per carry. Is he a “must have” handcuff to McCoy? Do you see anyone else in the backfield making noise this season?
- Week 3 is the dress rehearsal game. Do we see the 1’s getting a lot of run with Tyrod here? Who’s been his favorite in camp? With 10 WRs currently, who needs a big game to make the squad? Streater, Philly Brown?
- After Charles Clay, what should we make of the TE position? Nick O’Leary just had 3 catches on six targets for 50 yards vs Philly. Logan Thomas has been getting praise for his reliable hands in camp.