Fantasy Football RB Rankings Throwdown – The Fantasy Authority Pod Ep. 139, August 15th, 2019.
In this episode, we discuss all training camp news and have some fantasy football RB rankings throwdown on our current fantasy football rankings. Please join Kevin Steele (@fantasywrath13), Anthony Pinzone (@the1andonlypz), and Cody Kutzer (@CKutzerFF), in another edition of the TFA podcast.
Also if you’re interested in joining the TFA Fam, please reach out to us on Twitter and we will get you signed up for our slack community where we discuss redraft, DFS, and some dynasty. The best part it is currently FREE. Just slide into our DMs with your email address and we will get you signed up @FF_Authority
Training Camp News:
- David Montgomery flashed why the Bears took him and moved on from Jordan Howard during their Week 1 preseason matchup against the Panthers. He finished with 3 carries for 16 yards and a TD and 3 receptions for 30 yards. His current ADP of 3.11 makes him an intriguing RB. RBs currently going in the 3rd are Aaron Jones, Marlon Mack, Leonard Fournette, and Melvin Gordon. With Josh Jacobs, Montgomery, and Miles Sanders all going within the top 6 rounds which running back would you want on your fantasy team this season?
- Kenyan Drake has been spotted in a walking boot this week and his Week 1 status remains in doubt. Kalen Ballage takes over as the starter. Where does he move in your rankings? How high would you be comfortable taking him?
- Preston Williams was very impressive for the Dolphins. 4 receptions for 97 yards and nearly found the endzone. Jakobi Meyers also had a monster day for the Patriots finding the endzone twice. Do any of these rookie wide receivers possess any fantasy value?
- James Washington dominated in his first preseason action of 2019 with four catches for 87 yards and a touchdown. Washington struggled in 2018 but after a strong camp and now builds upon that with a solid showing. Has your opinion changed? Is he the WR to own opposite of JuJu? It should be mentioned that Moncrief did not suit up in the game.
- Jerick McKinnon likely will open the season on the IR with the designation to return. Big Boost for Coleman and Breida
Damien Williams: Cody RB6 vs Anthony RB26
Le’Veon Bell Anthony RB7 vs Kev RB13
Leonard Fournette: Kev RB9 vs Anthony (RB20) and Cody (RB14)
Kerryon Johnson: Kev RB10 vs Cody RB15
Derrick Henry: Anthony RB13 vs Kevin RB22
Sony Michel: Cody RB18 vs Anthony RB27
Miles Sanders: Kev RB22 vs Anthony RB31
Austin Ekeler: Kev RB36 vs Cody (RB48)