The Fantasy Authority Fantasy Football Podcast Ep. 100, September 7, 2017.
Finally, NFL Week 1 action is upon us, just in time for our 100th episode! Kevin Steele (@fantasywrath13), Ben Cummins (@BenCumminsFF), Ryan Williams (@RyanAlexander_W) and Anthony Pinzone (@the1andonlypz) welcome former co-hosts and The Fantasy Authority senior staff members Jeff Donovan (@JeffDonovan_FF), Jennifer Smith (@FF_female920), Zack Marmer (@leagueedge) and Matt Okada (@FantasySensei) to celebrate our 100th recorded episode of The Fantasy Authority Podcast.
Along with our usual fire takes to get you ready for NFL week 1 action, we’re including clips of our favorite TFA Podcast moments from the past two seasons. From using Jeremy Hill as a curse word replacement, to in-depth Superbowl food preparation and even some relaxation techniques! We have truly covered it all over our past 100 episodes and we couldn’t have done it without the support all of our great listeners. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this 100th episode of The Fantasy Authority Podcast and here’s to 100 more!
New & Noteworthy
- 2017 second round pick Jonathan Williams was released by the Buffalo Bills and later added to the Denver Broncos practice squad.
- Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has been cleared to play week 1, but will be suspended the next 6 games after.
- The Miami Dolphins vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers week 1 match-up has been moved to week 11 of the NFL season.
NFL Week 1: Players to Add
Who are a few players that fantasy owners should be looking to add prior to week 1?
- Kevin – Detroit Lions WR Kenny Golladay, Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer and Pittsburgh Steelers TE Vance McDonald
- Anthony – Cincinnati Bengals RB Jeremy Hill
- Ben – Seattle Seahawks WR Paul Richardson
- Ryan – Cincinnati Bengals RB Giovani Bernard and Miami Dolphins TE Julius Thomas
- Matt – Atlanta Falcons TE Austin Hooper, Buffalo Bills TE Charles Clay and Pittsburgh Steelers RB James Conner
- Zack – Chicago Bears WR Kendall Wright, Denver Broncos RB Jonathan Williams and Kansas City Chiefs WR Chris Conley
- Jen – Indianapolis Colts RB Marlon Mack, Seattle Seahawks RB Chris Carson and Philadelphia Eagles RB Wendell Smallwood
- Jeff – New Orleans Saints TE Coby Fleener
NFL Week 1: QB Streaming Options
- Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer vs. Detroit Lions
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz vs. Washington Redskins
- Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor vs. New York Jets
- Minnesota Vikings QB Sam Bradford vs. New Orleans Saints
NFL Week 1: D/ST Streaming Options
- Los Angeles Rams defense vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Pittsburgh Steelers defense vs. Cleveland Browns
- Los Angeles Chargers defense vs. Denver Broncos
- Buffalo Bills defense vs. New York Jets
- Is the Carolina Panthers vs. the San Francisco 49ers a trap game for the Panthers D/ST?
NFL Week 1: Bold Predictions
- Kevin – Miami Dolphins WR DeVante Parker finishes as WR7 or higher in 2017
- Anthony – San Francisco 49ers RB Carlos Hyde gets 2000 yards from scrimmage
- Ben – Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones catches 20 touchdowns this season joining Randy Moss and Jerry Rice as only the third player to reach that threshold
- Ryan – Carolina Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart and RB Christian McCaffrey will both finish in the top 24 fantasy running backs
- Matt – Los Angeles Chargers WR Keenan Allen leads the league in receptions and receiving yards
- Zack – Four rookie runningbacks will finish top 15 among fantasy running backs
- Jen – San Francisco 49ers WR Pierre Garcon will finish top 15 in targets and top 25 among fantasy wide receivers
- Jeff – Seattle Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham will finish as the top TE overall in fantasy
NFL Week 1: Breaking Down the Top Match-ups
- Kansas City Chiefs vs New England Patriots
- Oakland Raiders vs Tennessee Titans
- Atlanta Falcons vs Chicago Bears
- Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers
- Arizona Cardinals vs Detroit Lions
Way to Early Superbowl Predictions
- Kevin – New York Giants over the New England Patriots
- Anthony – Green Bay Packers over the Oakland Raiders
- Ben – Green Bay Packers over the New England Patriots
- Ryan – Pittsburgh Steelers over the New England Patriots
- Matt – New England Patriots over the Seattle Seahawks
- Zack – Atlanta Falcons over the New England Patriots
- Jen – Pittsburgh Steelers over the Dallas Cowboys (w/ Zeke) or the Green Bay Packers
- Jeff – Seattle Seahawks over the New England Patriots
We’re Helping the AFSP #StopSuicide
We are proud to announce that we have partnered up with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention! With your support we can help reduce the suicide rate in the US and raise awareness for mental illness.
There are several ways to help. You can buy a sweet new TFA T-Shirt where 75% of the profits are donated to the AFSP. Donate directly via our campaign link. Or reach out to your local AFSP Chapter and participate in an Out of the Darkness Walk!
For more details, visit our charity link:
Get to Know Our Crew!
Catch The Fantasy Authority All Over the Web