The Fantasy Authority Fantasy Football Podcast Ep. 117, December 7, 2017.
It’s time to get your roster ready for the final push, so look no further than this weeks start sit playoffs edition! On this week’s show, Kevin Steele (@fantasywrath13), Kent Weyrauch (@CCNP_Kent) and Anthony Pinzone (@the1andonlypz) have prepared a few tough lineup decisions you may have to make this week, and strategies for how to approach them. Plus, a Josh Gordon celebration, some tough match-ups for your superstars and who the hell is Stephen Anderson?
Week 14 News & Notes
- Mark Ingram did not practice Wednesday, questionable for Thursday Night Football @ Falcons
- Zach Ertz still in concussion protocol Wednesday
- Will Fuller possible return week 14 vs San Francisco 49ers.
- Jordan Reed confirmed OUT once again.
- Rob Gronkowski and Juju Smith-Schuster suspended 1 game.
Studs in Bad or Questionable Spots
- Russell Wilson vs Jacksonville Jaguars
- Kareem Hunt has a great match-up, but isn’t getting the touches.
- Leonard Fournette vs Seattle Seahawks
- Stefon Diggs vs. Carolina Panthers
Start Sit Playoffs Scenarios
- Marquise Goodwin & Trent Taylor playoff impact with Jimmy G
- Should you consider them over a guy like Doug Baldwin who has a really tough match-up or struggling stars like Mike Evans, Jordy Nelson and TY Hilton?
- Texans, Titans and Jaguars over the next 3 weeks.
- Austin Ekeler, Theo Riddick or J.D. McKissic
- All 3 guys are less than 50% owned in Yahoo formats and have produced decent outings in PPR leagues over the past 4 weeks.
- Which guy would you feel more comfortable with plugging in during playoff time?
- Jamaal Williams vs. Kenyan Drake
- Williams: 21 rushes, 113 yards, 1 TD, 2 rec, 10 yards last week
- Drake: 23 rushes, 120 yards, 1 TD, 3 rec, 21 yards
- Williams @ CLE: 7th fewest points allowed, but have allowed 100+ total yards to three straight RBs (Fournette, Mixon, Gordon)
- Drake vs. NE: 10th most in points allowed to RB, but haven’t allowed a 100 yard rusher or a rushing TD since week 8. Haven’t allowed more than 5 receptions to a back since week 6.
- Mike Evans vs Josh Gordon
- Evans: 6 targets, 2 receptions, 33 yards last week
- Gordon: 11 targets, 4 receptions, 85 yards last week
- Evans: Lions. 18th in points given to WRs
- Gordon: Packers. 29th in points to WRs. (Just played Evans)
- Evans QB Situation: Winston first game back from throwing shoulder injury – 270 yds, 2 TDs vs Packers
- Gordon’s QB Situation: First game with Coleman + Gordon – 215 yds, 1 TD, 1 int vs Chargers
- Ricky Seals-Jones vs Stephen Anderson
- Texans injuries: Fiedorowicz(conc IR), Bruce Ellington(hammy tear IR), Braxton Miller(conc).
- Recent games: (3 game avg) Seals-Jones: 5.3 tgt, 3 rec, 56.7 yards, 1 TD
- Recent games: (1 game) Anderson: 12 targets, 5 rec, 79 yds, 1 TD
- This week: Seals-Jones vs Titans, 21st against TE
- This week: Anderson vs 49ers, 11th against TE
- Alex Smith vs Case Keenum
- Does Case Keenum still have a short leash despite his monster season?
- Is Alex Smith back to form now after last week?
- Which Quarterback are you starting throughout the playoffs?
We’re Helping the AFSP #StopSuicide
We are proud to announce that we have partnered up with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention! With your support, we can help reduce the suicide rate in the US and raise awareness of mental illness.
There are several ways to help. You can buy a sweet new TFA T-Shirt where 75% of the profits are donated to the AFSP. Donate directly via our campaign link. Or reach out to your local AFSP Chapter and participate in an Out of the Darkness Walk!
For more details, visit our charity link:
Get to Know Our Crew!
Catch The Fantasy Authority All Over the Web