The Fantasy Authority Fantasy Football Podcast Ep. 113, November 9, 2017.
With nine weeks completed, the fantasy playoff picture is starting to take place. On this week’s episode, we take a look at week 10 fantasy football trends, finding players who are under-performing, over-performing or doing it just right. Kevin Steele (@fantasywrath13), Kent Weyrauch (@CCNP_Kent), Ryan Alexander (@RyanAlexander_W), and Anthony Pinzone (@the1andonlypz) are ready to get you set for your playoff push, with tips on tricks on what you should be doing with your roster in the weeks to come.
Weekly News & Notes
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans suspended, Chris Godwin will start in his place.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston will miss a “few weeks” while recovering from his AC Sprain.
- Minnesota Vikings QB Sam Bradford heading to the Injured Reserve, QB Teddy Bridgewater will be available coming off of their bye.
- The Houston Texans continue to bring in quarterbacks to salvage their season, sign Josh Johnson.
- Baltimore Ravens RB Danny Woodhead nearing return, but is not guaranteed to return Week 11 after bye.
- Pittsburgh Steelers WR Martavis Bryant scheduled to return against the Colts. Coach Mike Tomlin praised Bryant, promoting him to the 1st team.
Week 10 Fantasy Football Trends
All trends are calculated from the last 4 weeks worth of a players stats.
Kareem Hunt – Running Back – Kansas City Chiefs
- Over the past four weeks he is the RB16 in standard and RB13 in PPR.
- No touchdowns since Week 3.
- Sixth easiest rest-of-season strength of schedule among running backs.
- 10th in carries and 7th in targets.
- Usage all over the place. Only 9 carries last week against the Cowboys and 9 carries against the Steelers (Week 6). Received 18 and 21 carries against Broncos (Week 8) and Raiders (Week 7).
- Matchups against the Chargers and Raiders in the fantasy playoffs who rank within the top 10 of most points allowed to backs.
- With fantasy owners not feeling as high on Hunt is he worth a buy? What is his stock right now?
Devontae Booker – Running Back – Denver Broncos
- RB25 over the past four weeks (PPR)
- 15 targets (13th most)
- Owned in only 5.5% of ESPN formats
- Averaging 4.6 YPC
- 9th highest PPO (points per opportunity)
- 3rd easiest schedule for RBs ROS
Marvin Jones – Wide Receiver – Detroit Lions
- 4th most targets (In 3 games)
- WR2 overall
- 4th most receiving yards (331; 82.75 per game)
- Tied for the most TDs (3)
- 12 more targets than Golden Tate
- Golden Tate coming off his lowest snap count to-date (35)
- Should fantasy owners sell high on Marvin Jones?
Robert Woods – Wide Receiver – Los Angeles Rams
- 5+ targets in 7 out of 8 weeks thus far
- Only two weeks below 53 yards. Haven’t happened since week 4.
- 166 YAC. On pace for 332 YAC, career high (prev 184 in 2014)
- Not a lot of TD upside. Only 4 RZ targets on the year.
- Not game script dependent. Chain mover.
- 26 targets when Rams leading
- 11 when tied
- 12 when trailing
- Receiving 23.3% of team’s air yards
Keenan Allen – Wide Receiver – Los Angeles Chargers
- 41st most targets
- Averaging only 49 yards per game
- No TDs
- Should fantasy owners be concerned? Is he a perfect buy-low target?
Devonta Freeman – Running Back – Atlanta Falcons
- RB22, low range RB2 status
- Started the year with 12, 24, 23 and 16 points pre-bye week, post-bye just 10, 12, 7 and 10.
- Has struggled with a shoulder injury, but still out-touching Coleman
- Tough schedule to finish the year: DAL, SEA, TB, MIN, NO, TB
We’re Helping the AFSP #StopSuicide
We are proud to announce that we have partnered up with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention! With your support, we can help reduce the suicide rate in the US and raise awareness of mental illness.
There are several ways to help. You can buy a sweet new TFA T-Shirt where 75% of the profits are donated to the AFSP. Donate directly via our campaign link. Or reach out to your local AFSP Chapter and participate in an Out of the Darkness Walk!
For more details, visit our charity link:
Get to Know Our Crew!
Catch The Fantasy Authority All Over the Web