The Fantasy Authority Fantasy Football Podcast Ep. 111, October 26, 2017.
We finally got an exciting Thursday night game last week, with the Raiders and the Chiefs going down to the wire for a Raiders 31-30 victory in the closing seconds. More importantly, Alex Smith, Derek Carr, Tyreek Hill and Amari Cooper all enjoyed wildly successful fantasy days! Hopefully we can keep the momentum going this week, and we think we have the right group of players to do it. On this weeks episode, Kevin Steele (@fantasywrath13), Kent Weyrauch (@CCNP_Kent), and Anthony Pinzone (@the1andonlypz) take a look at the week 8 fantasy football trends that could keep your successful season on point.
Week 8 Fantasy Football Trends
Aaron Jones, Ty Montgomery – Running Back – Green Bay Packers
- Aaron Jones (last 4 games):
- 62 carries, 346 yards (5.6 YPC), 3 Touchdowns
- 5 catches on 7 targets for 12 yards
- 77% snap share (6th highest among all running backs)
- 67% opportunity share (9th in the league)
- 14.8 PPR points per game
- Ty Montgomery (last 4 games):
- 19 carries, 62 yards, 3.3 YPC, 2 rec on 4 targets for 12 yards
- 2 catches on 4 targets for 12 yards
- 5.6 PPR points per game
Jerrick McKinnon, Latavius Murray – Running Back – Minnesota Vikings
- Jerrick McKinnon:
- Total touches in week 7: 17, down from 20, 22 in weeks 5,6.
- Total yards in week 7: 57, down from 99, 146 in weeks 5,6.
- No TDs in week 7, down from 2, 1 in weeks 5,6.
- Snap% 53% in week 7, down from 57%, 67% in weeks 5,6.
- Latavius Murray:
- Most carries all season with 18 for 113 yards and a TD
- No targets/receptions
- YPC 6.28 in week 7 up from 1.87, 2.58 in weeks 5,6.
- Snap% 47% in week 7, up from 43%, 32% in weeks 5,6.
Marlon Mack, Frank Gore – Running Back – Indianapolis Colts
- First time Frank Gore has been out snapped this season.
- Mack touches week 7: 5 attempts, 6 targets, 4 rec. 66 total yards.
- Gore touches week 7: 9 attempts, 0/0 targets/receptions, 34 rushing yards.
- Josh Ferguson signed from practice squad, 13 snaps, 1 attempt, 5 yards
Adam Thielen – Wide Receiver – Minnesota Vikings
- Week 7: 12 targets, 5 receptions, 41 yards
- Week 6: 13 targets, 9 receptions, 97 yards
- Zero touchdowns, 8 red zone targets in 2017
- Numbers with Diggs in Lineup (18 games): 12.54 ppr points, 6.22 targets, 4.56 receptions, 65.1 yards, .22 touchdowns
- Numbers without Diggs in Lineup (5 games): 13.7 ppr points, 9 targets, 6 receptions, 65 yards, .2 touchdowns
Jarvis Landry, DeVante Parker – Wide Receiver – Miami Dolphins
- Landry (w/ Moore, 3 games) – 15 receptions, 213 yards, 2 touchdowns
- Parker (w/ Moore, 3 games) – 10 receptions, 147 yards, 1 touchdown
- Landry (w/ Parker active) – 33 targets, 165 yards, 0 touchdowns, 6.6 yards per reception
- Landry (w/out Parker active) – 32 targets, 200 yards, 3 touchdowns, 10 yards per reception
DeMaryius Thomas – Wide Receiver – Denver Broncos
- 6 targets, 2 receptions for 9 yards in loss to Chargers.
- Offensive line issues. Average 3.14 sacks per game.
- Weeks 1-7: Opponent Pass Defense 15th, Week 8 on, 30th easiest.
Demarcus Robinson – Wide Receiver – Kansas City Chiefs
- 11 targets the last two weeks. Tied for second on the team (with Travis Kelce).
- Alex Smith is 8th in the league in pass attempts (32.6 per game).
- He’s played 98% of the snaps Week 7 and 91% of the snaps Week 6 (more than Tyreek Hill).
Cameron Brate, OJ Howard – Tight End – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Cameron Brate is the number 1 overall Tight End over the last 4 weeks in PPR formats.
- He’s the fourth overall Tight End for the season in PPR formats.
- OJ Howard exploded in week 7 with 6 receptions, 98 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Only his second game this season with more than one reception.
We’re Helping the AFSP #StopSuicide
We are proud to announce that we have partnered up with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention! With your support, we can help reduce the suicide rate in the US and raise awareness of mental illness.
There are several ways to help. You can buy a sweet new TFA T-Shirt where 75% of the profits are donated to the AFSP. Donate directly via our campaign link. Or reach out to your local AFSP Chapter and participate in an Out of the Darkness Walk!
For more details, visit our charity link:
Get to Know Our Crew!
Catch The Fantasy Authority All Over the Web