Connect with us

Redraft

Week 10 Waiver Wire Adds

ronald jones week 10 waiver wire

Welcome to the Week 10 Waiver Wire article! If you’re still reading this, it means one of two things: 1) you love me and you’re a huge fan or 2) you’re in the midst of a playoff run and need those #HotAdds. I’d say they’re equally likely. As always, I’ll start off with some quick-hit news and notes before we dive into the top waiver adds for week 10.

News/Notes

  • Week 10 Teams on Bye: Texans, Jaguars, Broncos, Patriots, Eagles, and Redskins.
  • Although Le’Veon Bell finished his game on Sunday, he’ll be getting an MRI on his knee. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for Bell to drop that Adam Gase diss track.
  • Preston Williams is done for the year after suffering an ACL injury on a punt return.
  • DeSean Jackson is undergoing surgery for the core injury that had him sidelined since week 2. He’ll be out for the rest of the fantasy season at the least.
  • Another wide receiver who will be missing several weeks is Colts’ rookie Parris Campbell who broke his hand Sunday. If you picked him up to play this week, he can go right back to waivers.
  • Adam Thielen reaggravated his hamstring injury and only played seven snaps.
  • Jacoby Brissett suffered an injury believed to be “MCL-ish”. Yes, that was Frank Reich’s diagnosis. Although he hasn’t been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins yet, I don’t see any reason to rush him back in this spot.
  • Mark Walton is being suspended four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
  • With his history of concussions, Brandin Cooks is being handled with caution. There is no timetable for his return even though he received positive news from the specialist he saw during the Rams’ bye.

*Note: All players below will be available in 40%+ of leagues, per Yahoo! ownership numbers. The numbers below in parentheses represent their current ownership.

Quarterback

  1. Derek Carr vs LAC (46%)
  2. Jacoby Brissett (56%)/Brian Hoyer (0%) vs MIA
  3. Baker Mayfield vs BUF (56%)
  4. Ryan Fitzpatrick at IND (6%)
  5. Ryan Tannehill vs KC (18%)
  6. Kyle Allen at GB (8%)
  7. Daniel Jones at NYJ (27%)
  8. Mitchell Trubisky vs DET (21%)
  9. Sam Darnold vs NYG (26%)

First of all, yuck. This is the first week for the quarterback position where there isn’t a waiver play I feel great about. I have Baker Mayfield at third on this list and honestly, that might be a bit too high. Mitchell Trubisky and Sam Darnold both have great matchups but both have been dreadful leading their offenses. Derek Carr has provided fantasy players with three straight games of 20+ points (per fftoday.com scoring) and gets an up-and-down Chargers team. Three weeks ago, the Chargers allowed over 300 passing yards to Ryan Tannehill. Week 9? Just 139 yards to Aaron Rodgers, because football.

 

Running Back

  1. Ronald Jones vs ARI (41%)
  2. Derrius Guice BYE (32%)
  3. Kalen Ballage at IND (10%)
  4. Ty Montgomery (3%)/Bilal Powell (0%) vs NYG
  5. Kareem Hunt vs BUF (59%)
  6. Tarik Cohen vs DET (56%)
  7. Alexander Mattison at DAL (32%)
  8. Darrell Henderson at PIT (25%)
  9. Tony Pollard vs MIN (14%)
  10. Darrel Williams at TEN (5%)
  11. Rashaad Penny at SF (30%)
  12. Lions backfield at DET

With news of Bruce Arians saying Ronald Jones deserves more touches and to be the starter going forward, Jones tops the list for waiver wire running backs in week 10. Jones currently sits as RB35 on the year despite being in a true 50/50 timeshare with Peyton Barber and ceding passing game work to Dare Ogunbowale. RoJo is the top waiver wire add for week 10 across any position. Although Derrius Guice and Washington are on their bye week, the rest of the options inspire such little faith he’s taking the two spot here. Mark Walton won’t be on the field for four weeks due to a suspension which leaves Kalen Ballage and…? I was a fan of Myles Gaskin coming out of Washington last year so we’ll see if he gets any playing time behind Ballage. As noted above, Le’Veon Bell is waiting on MRI results for a knee injury, so we can look at Ty Montgomery and Bilal Powell to fill his role. The Jets have literally been the definition of a dumpster fire so I wouldn’t blow a high waiver priority or a large chunk of FAAB on either back. Kareem Hunt coming back should be exciting, but the Browns are falling apart behind Freddie Kitchens and his questionable offensive decisions. As Kevin mentioned on our Waiver Wire podcast this week, now is the time to start snagging handcuffs if you haven’t already. Be proactive in grabbing these guys, because by the time an injury happens, it’s probably going to be too late.

 

Wide Receiver

  1. Jamison Crowder vs NYG (54%)
  2. DeVante Parker at IND (36%)
  3. Zach Pascal vs MIA (22%)
  4. Josh Reynolds at PIT (2%)
  5. A.J. Brown vs KC (19%)
  6. Corey Davis vs KC (45%)
  7. Olabisi Johnson at DAL (3%)
  8. Diontae Johnson vs LAR (26%)
  9. James Washington vs LAR (6%)
  10. Mecole Hardman at TEN (33%)
  11. Allen Lazard vs CAR (10%)
  12. Auden Tate vs BAL (20%)

The wide receiver landscape for week 10 is slightly better than what running back has to offer, although there still aren’t any “have to have” guys on this list. Despite Sam Darnold seeing ghosts and just straight up ghosting your fantasy teams, Jamison Crowder has seen 45 targets across their 5 games together. Something has to change in this offense and if Le’Veon Bell is looking at missing time, you’d have to think they rely on Crowder and the passing game a bit more. With the Dolphins target leader Preston Williams out for the year, DeVante Parker should benefit from the YOLO King Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm. Parker has 50+ yards in each of his last three games with a touchdown in two of those as well. Zach Pascal was operating as the clear number one receiver for the Colts with T.Y. Hilton sidelined and now Parris Campbell will be missing time along with him. Even if Jacoby Brissett can’t go, Brian Hoyer is serviceable enough to make Pascal worthy of FLEX consideration in week 10. Although Laquon Treadwell led the Vikings in receiving yards in week 9, he only saw 20 snaps to Olabisi Johnson’s 59. With Adam Thielen possibly missing more time, I’d lean Johnson over Treadwell.

 

Tight End

  1. Gerald Everett at PIT (58%)
  2. T.J. Hockenson at CHI (57%)
  3. Noah Fant BYE (12%)
  4. Jonnu Smith vs KC (41%)
  5. Jared Cook vs ATL (41%)
  6. O.J. Howard vs ARI (35%)
  7. Chris Herndon vs NYG (30%)
  8. Dallas Goedert BYE (26%)

If you would have told me at the beginning of the year that O.J. Howard would be available in 65% of leagues in Week 10, there’s not a chance I would have believed you. He has an absolute dream matchup against Arizona, but his 35% ownership tells you how terribly his season has gone. Gerald Everett has become a bigger part of the Rams’ offensive plans in the past several weeks and now Brandin Cooks is looking at an unknown absence. I think we see his involvement continue to trend up over wide receiver Josh Reynolds. Jonnu Smith disappointed owners last week by posting a 3-18 line. You can go back to him this week if needed, however, with a matchup against Kansas City with Patrick Mahomes possibly returning. I’d expect a heavy dose of Derrick Henry until the game starts to slip away, then lots of passing volume the rest of the way.

 

That’ll wrap up the Week 10 Waiver Wire article. Don’t forget to check out the rest of our content and join our free Slack community! Swing by to talk redraft, DFS, dynasty, gambling, and anything else on your mind.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Redraft