Welcome to my Week 5 Waiver Wire article! As with last week, I’m going to give you my top waiver wire adds for week 5 and drop a video for my analysis. You’ll find timestamps for each position below the Week 4 injury report. Don’t forget to subscribe to The Fantasy Authority YouTube channel if you have yet to do so! We’re dropping a bunch of new video content every single week in addition to our waiver wire, DFS, and gameday live streams. As always, keep us bookmarked and check back often for new content dropping almost daily!
- Nick Chubb – MCL. Chubb was placed on the IR so he’s out at least three weeks but could be out as long as six.
- Austin Ekeler – Hamstring/Knee. Ekeler will also hit IR and the expectation is he’s sidelined for 4-6 weeks.
- O.J. Howard – Achilles. Season-ending.
- Julio Jones – Hammy. After being questionable to play Week 4, Jones ultimately suited up but was unable to finish the game. There’s no reason for Atlanta to rush him back so I’d expect Jones to miss some time.
- Noah Fant – Ankle sprain. Fant is expected to “miss some time”.
- Sam Darnold – Shoulder sprain. Expect Darnold to miss several weeks.
- Mike Evans – Ankle sprain. The injury for Evans looked pretty bad but he was able to return to the game, albeit clearly hobbled. His Week 5 status is in question.
- LeSean McCoy – Ankle. McCoy exited Sunday’s game and did not return. With the quick turnaround this week, I wouldn’t expect McCoy to suit up.
- Jordan Akins – Concussion.
- Defensive injuries: For Jacksonville – CBs C.J. Henderson and D.J. Hayden, along with LB Myles Jack all left with injuries (yikes). Colts LB Darius Leonard – groin. 49ers CB K’Wuan Williams – lower body and DL Ziggy Ansah – bicep (potentially season-ending).
Timestamps for the video:
RUNNING BACK WAIVER OPTIONS
WIDE RECEIVER WAIVER OPTIONS
TIGHT END WAIVER OPTIONS